Sunday, March 1, 2015

NGSS Aligned Mini-Book-Plants & Energy

I am super excited to tell you about the latest product that I uploaded.  I spent weeks working on this and it's finally ready for my store!

The new science standards can be pretty confusing.  I read, reread, and read them again to figure out what the primary goals were in the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS).  I finally decided on one main point and created this book for teaching it.

One main thing that students are expected to do in 5th grade, according to NGSS, is "develop a model to describe the movement of matter among plants, animals, decomposers, and the environment" (5-LS2-1).  This standard focuses primarily on that food, for any kind of animal, can be traced back to plants.

I developed a 20 page mini-book with some interactive elements to support students in their understanding of this concept.  The book is created in a half-page format so you can just print and cut it in half for two books.

I think that this book is interesting for all students, regardless of your use of NGSS.  I hope that you'll go to my store to check it out!!








0 comments:

Post a Comment