Wednesday, March 4, 2015

StitchFix #1

Today, we had a field trip.  I came home with a serious case of long-lasting motion sickness and a headache.  Fortunately, I came home to find my first StitchFix in the mail!  I have been anxiously awaiting this box for the past week and it took all of the self-control that I possess to not just tear it open and fling everything out of the box haphazardly!

Wondering what I'm so excited about?  Let me tell you about what StitchFix is...
StitchFix is a delivery service where you can get a personal stylist to select 5 pieces for your wardrobe!  You can choose how often you get a fix and what price range you want your pieces to be.  You fill out a fun quiz to give your stylist information about your style and you can also send them to a personal Pinterest board highlighting your style Wishlist!  When you get your box, you try your pieces on in the comfort of your home and decide what you want to keep.  I love being able to try things on at home because you can pair it with things that are already in your closet to see how it transitions into your wardrobe!  Once you decide what you want, you check out online.  If you keep anything, the $20 styling fee gets deducted from your total.  If you keep all 5 items, you get a 25% discount on your total purchase.  I found the price of my 5 items to be totally reasonable!


I felt a little weird about the fact that this box had obviously been opened and then resealed.  Uh....the post office was really off on this package.  They sent the box from San Francisco to Maryland then to me in Oregon....and it was opened somewhere along the way.  Interesting.


One of my favorite moments was opening it and appreciating the beauty inside the box.  The way that the box is styled inside with matching stickers, cards, and boxing is amazing and so pretty.  I also loved reading my notes from my stylist who thanked me for being a teacher.  That was awesome. She also said that she checked out my Pinterest and that it was very helpful!  It was so nice to know that she really did read my profile and that she looked at what I've been pinning.  For the most part, the fix picks were along the lines of what I would actually wear.

Let's get to the goods...

Harriet Geo Print Fit & Flare Dress $64
I wasn't crazy about this dress.  The fit was too boxy and overall just unflattering in the waist area.  I agree that the neutral colors are something that I would typically choose but I just wasn't thrilled about this dress.  Overall, I felt like it was too expensive for something with such an unflattering cut to it.  
Decision: Return


Jace Chevron Print Dress $68
This was the highlight of my fix.  The neutral colors are light and very easy to wear.  I can pair this dress with anything and feel classy and put together.  I love dresses that allow to feel like I look composed but require minimal effort.  The fabric was a little thicker, which I love.  I loved the length because it hit nearly at my knees and that's perfect for a teacher's wardrobe!
Decision: KEEP!!

Fallon Mixed Print Sleeveless Blouse $44
This shirt was alright.  I could see myself purchasing something like this but this particular shirt was very low-cut.  I would have needed to wear a cami underneath this tank for it to be wearable.  I don't really like having to layer camis under my shirts because it makes my wardrobe feel to thick and heavy. I'm always hot so I try to dress as light as I can.  I know that directly contradicts what I said above about liking the thicker dress fabric.  It makes sense in my mind, I swear!!
Decision: Return

Martina Slub Knit Open Cardigan $48
I was so excited when I pulled this out of the box because I already own a cardigan exactly like this in black and it is one of my favorite pieces in my closet.  This one is actually a bring pink and it's lovely as well.  The fit is perfect.  The fabric is soft.  It adds a pop of color to my wardrobe!  I love it.

Decision: KEEP!!

Emilie Pave Stone Necklace $38
Well, I almost kept this necklace.  The bold statement piece was just what I needed, a bring punch of color that can be added to any wardrobe!  Wondering what killed it for me?  Well, when I took it off, the center ring fell out because it wasn't fully connected.  This made the necklace feel very cheap for me and I decided that I can get something similar enough at Charming Charlie's that isn't going to fall apart in the center.  It was a great statement piece though and now I feel like I need to go look for something similar to this!
Decision: Return

So, will I be getting another fix?!  Absolutely!  I love how these pieces made me rethink my wardrobe and it added an element of composure to my style.  It was also super fun to get a surprise box of goodies!  Overall, the styling was on track with what I would actually purchase and I think that, with time, the stylists are really going to nail it!  I can't wait to get another fix in the mail!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment